Welcome to the second segment on marketing secrets to improve your affiliate businesses and generate high-quality traffic. In part 1 we covered tips on how to get your feet off the ground when affiliate marketing. In part 2, we will go into some detail on how to create valuable content as well as offer more useful secrets to successful affiliate marketing that can elevate your campaigns and generate return clients.
4. Map the Three Stages of the Buyers’ Journey
In part 1 we discussed what a buyer journey is and why it is important. Now we will take a closer look at how to strategically map the three most fundamentally important stages of the buyers’ journey. The process may require your time and effort but with a little experience, it will become second nature to you:
Stage 1: The Awareness Stage
This is where you make your audience aware of the problems that need solving. Your content needs to identify and justify why these problems exist and highlight the need for a solution.
Stage 2: The Consideration Stage
Your target audience/buyer persona will be researching information about the problems you have highlighted, in hopes of finding a solution. Therefore, it is wise to grasp the opportunity to create content that explains the solution they are looking for.
Stage 3: The Decision Stage:
Your audience will carefully consider their options to resolve their problem, this is where your content can secure the deal! Here you can upsell the solutions you have provided and address any other beneficial features or functions of the platforms you are promoting.
Here’s an example to help you:
- Traders need to monitor trades regularly therefore they need access to their accounts from anywhere at any time and are looking for a solution.
- You offer the solution of 24/7 on-the-go trading with EagleFX and the buyer weighs their other options up with this one.
- You then point out the low commission rates and high leverage offered at EagleFX and you have provided useful content that resolves the issues identified in stage 1.
5. Consistently Keep the Quality Content Coming
Now that you have identified your buyer personas and isolated and addressed their pain points, it’s time to focus on continuing to provide valuable and engaging content. One-hit-wonders aren’t good for long-term affiliate marketing sign-ups but what exactly makes high-quality content?
Here are three vital tips to keeping your audience engaged:
- Easy-to-Digest Content – Ensure your content is easy to understand and flows well when reading. Avoid using overly formal speech or cluttered sentences with too much information squeezed in. Readers will get bored, distracted, disappointed and abandon your content.
- Correct Grammar and Spelling – No matter what language you market in, make sure basics like spelling and correct grammar are adhered to at all times. It can be viewed as highly unprofessional or lazy if there are blatant mistakes. You can always have editors or proof-readers assist you before you publish your work.
- Be Original, Don’t Steal Others Content – It is important to research thoroughly in order to write quality content with valuable insight however it is just as important to share your own thoughts and feelings on subjects. People want a unique and special experience and they won’t find that if you reword someone else’s hard work.
6. Maximise Your Reach by Repurposing Content
Return of Investment or ROI should be maximised in order to make the most of your efforts and content. If you have identified fundamental pain points for your buyer personas and created engaging content offering solutions to every step of their buyer’s journey, then you can find alternative ways to reach your audience by repurposing your high-quality content.
Here are several ways you can benefit from repurposing content:
- Save yourself Time – Rather than creating brand new content from scratch that takes you days or sometimes months to make, why not edit and adjust existing content for various platforms. Carbon copies are flagged by most search engines so make sure to make appropriate changes to your content for the new platform so it doesn’t get flagged, but also makes the most of the way the particular platform operates. For example, Instagram reels vs an Instagram post.
- Extend your Reach – Your intention should always be to get as many people looking at your content as possible, without compromising quality. Publishing on multiple platforms and channels can only widen your reach and get more eyes on your content.
- Increase your SEO – Addressing the same topic across varying channels can only increase your chances of reaching your desired keyword targets as well as attract more than one buyer persona to your content.
- Define Yourself as an Industry Expert – The further your content reaches, the more credibility you are able to build in the community. With consistently engaging content you can position yourself as an expert and trusted industry leader.
There are several effective ways you could repurpose your content. These include creating an eBook, reposting on all social media platforms, creating videos, publishing work on open-source platforms and adjusting still images into reels or stories, to name only a few ways. Get creative and remember, research is key to success in affiliate marketing.
At EagleFX, our specialized Affiliate Management Department is always available to assist you with marketing strategies and provide necessary materials such as the marketing pack which includes banners and badges and other graphic branding support for your campaigns. Feel free to reach out to us here or alternatively, find more resources on affiliate marketing here.
The sky’s the limit, get started today!